Are you looking to throw a Mexican dinner party but aren’t quite sure how to put it together?
Everyone loves Mexican food, and a Mexican dinner party can be a great way to celebrate the culture and explore the country’s delicious cuisine. But how do you throw this type of party?
Check out this guide to learn everything you need to know about throwing a Mexican dinner fiesta.
Cook the Right Food
Throwing a successful Mexican dinner fiesta is all about cooking the right food. To really go all out, we suggest doing some appetizers, a main course, and a dessert.
Here are some great ideas for appetizers:
- Chips and salsa or chips and guacamole (or both, because duh)
- Instapot black bean dip
- Jalapeno popper dip
- Deep-fried guacamole balls
- Chicken Taquitos
- White queso dip
- Jicama fries
- Refried beans dip
- Chicken enchilada dip
- Elote (this is Mexican street corn that’s smothered in mayo, chili powder, and lime)
If you’re feeling more adventurous, you can also serve some more traditional Mexican appetizers such as aguachile, ceviche de sierra, charales, chile rellenos, or chalupa. You can also use this Recipe Workbook for some inspiration.
Here are some ideas for the main course:
- Pozole: This is a stew that typically consists of chicken, pork, or vegetables
- Tostadas: These are essentially open-faced tacos that are usually topped with refried beans, cooked meat, cheese, or seafood
- Chiles en Nogada: These are poblano chiles stuffed with pico de gallo sauce
- Enchiladas: These are corn tortillas filled with meat, seafood, cheese, beans, or vegetables
Many Mexican dishes come with a side of mole, which is a popular sauce made from a variety of chili peppers.
Here are some tasty desserts you can cook up for your Mexican fiesta:
- Sopaipillas: These are light pastry puffs topped with honey or sugar
- Churros: These are fried dough pastries coated in cinnamon and white sugar and sometimes served with a variety of dipping sauces
- Dulce de Leche: This is a sweet condiment that can be hardened into candies or poured over cake and pastries
We also suggest making flan, which is a custard dessert that’s topped with a layer of caramel sauce, similar to crème brûlée.
Whip Up Some Cocktails
No Mexican fiesta is complete without some delicious cocktails. While most of us think of tequila when we think of Mexican drinks, there’s a lot more you can do with tequila than shoot it with lime and salt.
Here are some tasty tequila-based cocktails to try:
- Tequila sunrise
- Tequila Collins
- Dulce de tequila
- Reposado old fashioned
If tequila isn’t your thing, then you can try some other classic Mexican cocktails such as charro negros, horchatas, curados, or vampiros. If you’re looking for something alcohol-free, we recommend whipping up some delicious Mexican hot chocolate.
Are You Ready to Throw a Mexican Dinner Party?
Now that you have this guide, it’s time for you to throw a Mexican dinner party. As you can see, there’s a lot more to Mexican diner parties than just tacos and tequila!
Be sure to check back in with our blog for more dinner party ideas.