Choosing the right tattoo for you is a very important decision and can make all the difference in the final result.
When this decision is made in a conscious and mature way, the tattoo can change the way you see yourself, increasing your self-confidence, in addition to making you even more beautiful and stylish.
However, some women end up choosing what to tattoo in a hurry and without proper guidance and then regret it. When this happens, the tattoo can have the opposite effect, becoming a source of insecurity for women.
So, to help you look even more amazing after getting tattooed, I’ve separated some tips on how to choose the right tattoo.
2. Choose topics that mean something to you
When you’re thinking about your tattoo, try to connect with people and important events in your life. Bring to your idea things that make you proud, challenges you have overcome, dreams, trips, and people that are important to you (children, father, mother, …).
3. Research a lot before deciding
Search for other tattoo ideas and references that you like. Thus, you will know more about your taste and the chance of getting it right increases a lot. Insta is a great place to look Another really good place to search is Pinterest.
4. If you have difficulties, start by choosing the style you like
If you still can’t make up your mind, start by choosing the style of tattoo you’d like to have. This way, you can better focus your searches and choose something that best fits your chosen style.
5. Talk to your tattoo artist
Talking to your tattoo artist about what you’re thinking can help you decide more easily. I, personally, really enjoy helping my clients in this process, as we have already been in their shoes. We know that there is often insecurity, especially in the first tattoo. So you can count on me to help you!
6. Think twice before getting the following tattoos
- Celebrity Tattoos – After all, the famous person got this tattoo, because it means something to him (and not necessarily to you).
- Partner Name – This is, without a doubt, the biggest cause of regret. If you want to make a tribute, make a symbol/drawing that means something to you, instead of writing the name.
- Fashions/Clichés – Getting a tattoo just because it’s fashionable might not be a good idea. And that goes for clichés too. One of the coolest things about having a tattoo is feeling unique and special. And the best way to achieve this is with art of your own, exclusive and created with you in mind.
If your tattoo idea fits into one of these types, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. There are people who have any of the above tattoos and are fully satisfied.
I always suggest to my clients who like “more popular” tattoos, is to do some new detail.
We can think together about including some detail in the art of the tattoo that differentiates it. With small changes, you will have a more common tattoo but with unique details, just yours.
Anyway, if you’re thinking about doing any of these, it’s worth giving it some more thought to make sure you’re doing something that you’re really going to be happy with.
7. Choose your tattoo artist well
Having an incredible idea is the first step towards your dream tattoo. The second step is to choose the tattoo artist well because even the best idea can turn into a bad tattoo in the hands of the wrong person.
And here I am not referring only to the competence of the professional, but also issues such as the style of the tattoo artist, biosafety, hygiene, and the quality of the materials.
Best Places to Get Tattoos on your body
- Thigh (Best for Big Tattoo designs)
- Behind Ear (Ideal for a small tattoo like butterfly tattoos or flower tattoos etc)
- Forearm (Forearm tattoo can be big or Small)
- Side Belly (Side belly have a lot of space to cover for any size of tattoo)
- Legs (Usually best for Full or half-leg tattoo designs)
- Back (Ideal place for having big tattoos and Patchwork designs)
- Chest (Best place for large tattoo designs)
- Shoulder (Ideal for small and Meaning full tattoos)
Choosing the right tattoo can make all the difference in the final result. Your tattoo will follow you everywhere, so it’s important that you feel proud and empowered with a tattoo that really means something to you.
To achieve this, it is important not to rush the process, to research well, talk to professionals and choose your tattoo artist very carefully.