If buying your own apartment/house is unbearable, consider renting it out. Moving into a new apartment is very exciting and at the same time a little scary. Finding good tenants to rent can be terrifying. You already know what you want in your apartment, and you probably have set up a specific area or neighborhood.
But keep in mind that renting an apartment is not as easy as you might think. Before you decide to rent a property and start looking for long-term tenants, there are a few things to remember before renting an apartment. Below are some tips to remember before Renting an Apartment.
How to Find an Apartment by Yourself
You can find an apartment directly through:
- Trustable sources like Moffett Field Apartments For Rent.
- Ask a Friend.
- Newspapers and magazines, special titles.
You can also post rental advertisements independently within your area of interest and wait for your landlord to call you. In this case, it is better to place advertisements on the walls of the house or on special stands.
How to Save your Self from Scammers?
Renting a home is one of the most common things scammers do. Therefore, you should conduct an independent search to minimize the risk of encountering.
The most common scams are:
- rental housing re-delivery. Scammers rent an apartment and then rent it out, pretending to be the owner through fake title documents. When you rent, you get a deposit for a few months and it disappears.
- Landlords can carry out the same types of scams. If you agree, he shows you a copy of the certificate of rights, claiming that the original is in somebody. Here he asks for a deposit, after which the deposit disappears.
- Real estate agents can also commit fraud. For example, you can specify that you receive an offer to purchase a database containing the phone numbers of potential tenants and that you do not charge a percentage for the transaction. As a result, the list turned out to be invalid and the payout was quite high.
To protect yourself from such cases, you should choose a house as carefully as possible, adhering to the following rules:
- Don’t trust options that are too attractively priced.
- Please verify the authenticity of the documents provided (excerpts may be requested from Rosreestr for this purpose).
- Please pay the stadium only upon collection.
- Apply the building’s acceptance certificate and property listing to draw up a rental agreement.
How to write a contract?
A contract concluded in accordance with all rules serves to ensure compliance with the rights of each participant participating in the transaction. So, even if you rent a house without the involvement of a real estate agent, it is worth compiling.
Notwithstanding the fact that the law does not provide for an established form of such a contract, the contract must indicate:
- Personal data of the parties to the transaction.
- The subject of the contract (indicating the property, you can see exactly what you are renting).
- The rent amount.
- Rights and Obligations of the Contracting Parties.
- Responsibilities of the Parties.
- Term of the contract (if this clause is not specified, a term of up to 5 years is specified in accordance with Article 683 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation)
- Details of the participants in the transaction, their signatures and the date of the agreement.
You will also need to fill out an appendix to the contract:
- The act of taking over and transferring property, fixing the technical conditions of the property at the time of conclusion of the contract.
- A list of properties representing items transferred for temporary use, with an exact number.
Things to note and check before renting an apartment:
- Homes may only be rented by the owner of this property. or a person by an agent.
- A price that is significantly lower than the average rental price should be a warning. Low cost is the most common pitfall for gullible tenants.
- A broker’s urgent payment request or seeing it is also an indicator of the agent’s dishonesty. Real estate agents who will not cheat their clients in advance will never ask for money in advance.