This SMITE in-game error appears after starting the game and being redirected to the login screen. An “Invalid Missing Configuration ” error message is displayed, preventing the player from starting and playing the game.
SMITE video games can be downloaded from the standalone launcher or from Steam. However, some methods target Steam and others target non-Steam players. To solve this problem, please follow the method below.
How to Repair Bad or Missing Configuration in SMITE
In your system database check for the filename installhirezservice.exe . You can also check most distributed file variants with the name installhirezservice.exe. This file most often belongs to the product Hi-Rez Studios Games. and were most often developed by the company Hi-Rez Studios. These files most often have descriptions InstallScript Setup Launcher. The aggregate rating is 5(5) stars – based on 3 reviews. This is an executable file. You can find it running in Task Manager as the process installhirezservice.exe
installHirezservices or uninstallHirezservices
Sometimes this service doesn’t install properly on user’s computer and I can’t do anything about Smite installation, so this error appears early. In other cases, the service seems to be compromised, so you need to remove it and let the game install automatically.
- Once the game was installed on Steam. Open the Steam client, click the “Library” tab in the Steam window, then find Smite in the list of games in your library.
- Right-click on the game and select “Properties” which appears in the context menu at the top. In the “Properties” window, click the “Local Files” tab and select “Browse for local files”.
- If the game is not installed via Steam, find the game shortcut on your desktop, right-click on it, and select “Open File Location” from the context menu that appears. If you don’t have a desktop shortcut, go manually to the game’s installation folder (C >> Programs >> Smite) if you haven’t changed it
- You can also find it in the Start menu by typing “Smite” in the Start menu, right-clicking on the “Smite” item and choosing the “Open File” location.
- Go to Binary >> Redist and double-click to open the executable InstallHiRezService.exe. Once the service is installed, you need to remove it from the executable. If it is not installed, please install it before rerunning the game.
- Before starting the game, you need to complete the installation of the service. Now make sure you are playing the game correctly.
Make sure the Hi-Rez Studios certification and update service is working
Some people have complained that this issue prevents them from installing the game on Windows 10. So, you need to activate Hi-rez Studios certification and update the service at the same time.
Follow the steps below to do it.
- First, run the “Run” window by pressing the Windows and R keys at the same time. Now type “services.msc” in the “Run” field and press Enter.
- After that, the “Services” window will appear on the system screen. Then refer to the list to learn more about Hi-Rez Studios Certification and Update Services.
- Right-click and then select the “Start” button from the drop-down list.
Then reinstall Smite and check if there is a problem with Smite or if the configuration is missing.
Create a New User Account
- Open the Settings app using the Windows + I shortcut.
- Go to your account in the Settings app.
- Select Family and Others in the left pane. Now click “Add another computer to this computer” in the right area.
- Select “I don’t have this person’s credentials.”
- Now select Add user without Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired username and click Next.
Sometimes problems with Smite can be caused by your account. Several users said they solved the problem by simply creating a new user account.
This can be done very easily in Windows 10 and can be done by following the steps above.
After creating a new account, go to that account and see if the problem persists. If not, you need to move your personal files to the new account and use it instead of the old account.
The problem could be caused by third-party antivirus software. So, you need to temporarily disable your antivirus software.
If the problem persists, uninstall your antivirus program. Then open Smite or install the game and see if the problem is solved.
For More: www.pittythings.com