Write For us “Pitty Things”
Thanks for your interest in writing for Pitty Things. We’re always looking for fresh insights from the sharpest minds in marketing to help our audience do their best work. Think you’re up to the task? Keep reading to learn what it takes to write a successful post for us.
For any Querry please Contact us:
What Do We Expect?
We get a lot of pitches. Most don’t get accepted. Here are some tips to stay out of our trash can:
- Read through this entire page before pitching. These guidelines exist for your benefit as much as ours.
- We only respond to pitches we accept. We’re a busy team, but if your pitch sounds promising, we’ll do our best to get in touch within a week.
- Make sure we haven’t already covered your topic before. Use the search bar on our blog and send us something we haven’t seen before.
- We only accept educational how-to posts from guest authors. This means lots of step-by-step instructions that readers can actually put into practice.
- No pre-written posts. We want fresh content written with our audience in mind.
- If you need a deadline extension, please let us know ahead of time. We want you to take the time you need to write the best post possible.
These are the most important things you need to know.
Our Editorial Guidelines
Our content needs to meet four pillars of quality:
- Topic. Your topic must be relevant and targeted toward our audience. Strive to write the best post on your topic ever published on the web.
- Research. Do your homework. Link to reputable sources. Use data and statistics to back up your claims.
- Keyword. Your chosen keyword should be well-aligned with the search intent behind your topic.
- Comprehensiveness. Cover your topic in whole. Don’t leave out any steps or information that are necessary for readers to apply your advice. Ideally, a reader should fully understand your topic, without needing to read another post.
We don’t have a detailed style guide we require you to follow. However, we do have a handful of basic formatting requests that will make your post easier to read:
- Write your post with Google Docs. This is the easiest way for us to convert your content into a WordPress post (using our Google Docs and WordPress integrations).
- Stick to H2 and H3 subheader levels. This helps keep formatting clear and simple.
- Make all screenshots 1360 pixels wide. This will fit our blog width on Retina monitors.
- Include all images in a ZIP folder. If any images have markup on them (arrows, text, etc.) then please include a “clean” version as well (a graphic designer on our team will use the clean copy to recreate your screenshot in accordance with our visual style).
- Please include only images that would be comfortable seeing redesigned to fit our visual style and brand standards. We often redesign images included in guest content in order to maintain a consistent visual identity across every piece we publish (along with attribution and a link to the original source). If you’re uncomfortable with this, let us know and we’ll see what we can work out.
- Follow general best practices for web writing. Concise sentences and brief paragraphs work best.
How Can I Submit a Pitch?
Complete our submission form below. Provide us
- Your name, company, and email address.
- Three samples of previously published pieces.
- Your bio and company website.
- A detailed pitch, outline, and target keyword.
Keep in mind that most pitches are ignored because they don’t follow our guidelines. We don’t ask for much, just please read through this page before we take the time to review your pitch.